MBA, PhD., MSc., BSc., RGN
Julie Ling has been CEO of the European Association for Palliative Care since January 2015. Originally a nurse, Julie has worked in palliative care for over thirty years in both adult and children’s palliative care. She has held a variety of posts in clinical care; management; research; policy and the voluntary sector.
Julie is currently involved in the following EU research projects:
- MyPal: Fostering Palliative Care of Adults and Children with Cancer through Advanced Patient Reported Outcome Systems https://mypal-project.eu/
- ‘Palliative Sedation’ – The use of proportional palliative sedation for the relief of refractory symptoms. https://palliativesedation.eu/
- NursEduPal@Euro: Palliative Care Core Competencies and novel European matrix for educating bachelor-degree nurses
- RESPACC: Research for all palliative care clinicians (RESPACC)
Ref. no.: 2020-1-RO01-KA202-080128
- EDUPALL: Translating International Recommendations into Undergraduate Palliative Care Curriculum www.edupall.eu (knowledge dissemination of completed project)
Julie has written and published on various aspects of palliative care, many in peer-reviewed journals. Julie is also a member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Palliative Nursing and a reviewer for several other palliative care journals.
Julie is currently chair of the World Hospice and Palliative Care Alliance, a global palliative care organisation that lobbies and advocates for the provision of palliative care as part of universal health coverage.