Dr Cathy Payne
PhD, MSc, RD
Cathy is Research and Project Manager for the European Association for Palliative Care, based in Northern Ireland. She has worked within specialist palliative care since 2004, as a clinical dietitian, a lecturer and a researcher.
She is currently involved in the following EU research projects:
- MyPal – Fostering Palliative Care of Adults and Children with Cancer through Advanced Patient Reported Outcome Systems https://mypal-project.eu/ (completed December 2022)
- PalliativeSedation – The use of proportional palliative sedation for the relief of refractory symptoms. https://palliativesedation.eu/
- DIAdIC – developing and evaluating two different psychoeducational interventions for the person with cancer and the family caregiver together https://diadic.eu/
- PAINLESS – Pain relief in palliative care of cancer using home-based neuromodulation and predictive biomarkers https://palliativeprojects.eu/painless/
- EU-Navigate – Implementation and evaluation of a navigation intervention for people with cancer in old age and their family caregivers webpage
- INSPiRE – INtegrated Short-term PallIative REhabilitation to improve quality of life and equitable care access in incurable cancer https://palliativeprojects.eu/inspire/
- MyPath – The digital solution to patient-centred cancer care pathways https://mypath-cancercare.eu/
- PAL-CYCLES – PALliative Care Yields Cancer welLbEing Support. https://palliativeprojects.eu/palcycles
- INTERACT-EUROPE – Innovative collaboration for Inter-specialty cancer training across Europe http://www.interact-europe.org/
- EUonQOL – Quality of Life in Oncology: measuring what matters for cancer patients and survivors in Europe www.euonqol.eu
Her research interests include palliative rehabilitation, cachexia, nutritional support, interprofessional working, eLearning. She created and co-hosts the Palliative Rehabilitation Facebook Group which has over 2900 members from across the world.