One of the goals of the EAPC is to have an open and creative forum for the development and improvement of all aspects of palliative care. The Board of Directors of the EAPC would like to invite all those working in palliative care to become involved in EAPC activities.
Any EAPC member can apply to set up a taskforce. Members are encouraged to develop their ideas for taskforces and are welcome to discuss potenital ideas and suggestions with members of the Board of Directors or head office staff. Taskforces are fundamental in helping the EAPC acheive its EAPC objectives.
Once completed, all EAPC Taskforce Application Form's must be approved by the EAPC Board of Directors.
The EAPC can offer the following support:
- Suggest interested EAPC members from different countries as taskforce members
- Creation of a web page for the taskforce and provide dedicated space on the EAPC website
- Facilitate collaboration with other EAPC taskforces
- Assist with the dissemination of information regarding the taskforces’ activities (e.g via EAPC newsletters, at EAPC congresses)
- Provide support with utilisation of data collection tools (e.g. surveymonkey)
- Distribute information or data collection tools to members via the EAPC database
- Incorporate taskforces activities and contributions in EAPC Congresses and events
- Provide free meeting rooms for taskforce meetings at the EAPC Congresses
- Support funding application's to external bodies
The following basic rules apply:
- The project title should reflect the content of the project
- The objectives should be clearly stated
- A taskforce chair must be nominated (chair or coordinator)
- A member of the Board of Directors of the EAPC will be designated as an official link person with the taskforce. The link person may attend taskforce meetings if required
- All taskforce members should be listed in the application. A core group (steering committee) may run the taskforce and collaborate with a wider group of experts. The board must be updated on any changes of the group
- A taskforce should have at least 5 members from different countries
- A project summary must be included with applications.
- A time-limited objective and realistic work plan is essential. Taskforce work must be completed within a three year timeframe
- An written update on the activities of the taskforce must be submitted to the EAPC Board of Directors twice a year(March and September)
- The EAPC Board of Directors can request a progress report from the taskforce chair at any time
- Direct financial support from the EAPC should not be expected.All taskforces are expected to be self-funding with a clear financial plan. The Board may be able to assist taskforces to source funding
Download the application form here: EAPC Task Force Application Form (this can be completed electronically)